The Taupo Women’s Refuge facilitates an informal group which meets weekly to educate, plan and discuss healthy relationships. The content will cover;
- What is Family Violence?
- What are the types of Family Violence?
- Myths about Family Violence
- Power and Control
- Tactics used by Abusers
- Why don’t Women just leave?
- Safety plans for leaving
- Safety plans for staying
- Safety plans for after you have left
- Protection Orders
- How Violence effects Children
- Healthy Relationships
- Self Care
Although we take referrals from other agencies, we also welcome women who contact us directly who would like to take part.
Please enquire if childcare is needed whilst you attend the Taupo Women’s Refuge support group.